Thursday, December 24, 2009

Holy Night

Christmas eve is one of my favorite nights. The lights, the music, the gathering of family and friends, worship with candles and communion. Tonight we had only one service because of the weather. The trip to church was not too bad, but coming home the snow was drifting and blowing and snow packed.

Somehow, on this night, I have this anticipation of something wonderful. In the dark and cold of winter, I look for the promise of light and warmth. In a chaotic and hateful world, I long for the peace and love promised in Emmanuel, God with us.

Tonight, I will pray again for peace on earth and good will for all people. I will ask for God to be born again in my heart and life. I will ask that my life and words and actions will be a window for others to see the love and grace of God.

Merry Christmas!

I am always Graced to Serve,

No comments:

Post a Comment